Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 17, 2011

Almost There?

I was so excited over the weekend thinking that I could find out on Monday when my surgery was and it would be that week between jobs and how great that would be if it worked out (!) that I actually emailed the Transplant Coordinator Lady during the weekend to make sure she was Crystal Clear that I am Ready To Go!  She called this morning to tell me she had the email and we were all on the same page!

When I had my appointment all those months ago with the psychiatrist, she asked me what I thought about going to work after the surgery and I clearly recall telling her that it would be great if I went off to a new job.  (I was not necessarily looking for a new job then, but I was already thinking it was time to move on and it would be nice to move on after the surgery.)  It is a small miracle, IMHO, that this may really work out. 

Transplant Coordinator Lady (cat-herder extraordinaire) called me this morning, fairly early, to say that they presented our case (I do not know who the recipient is but it is OUR case) to the transplant team and they said it was a go.  Hurray!  But wait!!

One small glitch before they schedule surgery is that they have to have an ultrasound of my right ovary.  I only have one ovary due to so many cysts in the past (my whole youth was defined by the month with the painful cyst, on the left side, and the next month without the cyst rupturing--so thrilled when the Evil Ovary finally went away with surgery) and they want to make sure the right one is okay before the kidney donation surgery, because my remaining ovary did show some cysts during my CAT scan of my kidneys. (Et tu, Right Ovary? Let's hope not!)

I am confident that I am okay to have the surgery, and maybe even cyst free.  I have not had one iota of pain from that ovary, so whatever they saw on the CAT scan hopefully was a small cyst that came and went. (At the time of the CAT scan, they just told me it was all okay.)  I am NOT looking forward to the vaginal ultrasound, but it is not a big deal.

Hopefully I will have some good news as in find out everything is okay AND when the surgery is going to happen by Thursday!

I am wishing I knew already and that my next check in to that hospital was for surgery, instead of an ultrasound, but I guess not.  The Transplant Lady and I had a little laugh about how the check in lady at the hospital front desk is not the best at P.R. (needs to smile, recognize people that have been 40 times etc) I guess I am not the only one that has wondered about her .....



I have not read this book, but it's image came up when I googled Evil Ovary Images.  See? 

No comments:

Post a Comment