Powered By Blogger

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Al Stories

Al and Me in his little rental house in Denver--check out his T-shirt

I posted some more pictures of Al this time. I have received lots of sweet emails and Facebook posts about the cute picture of Al and my daughter Ren.  (Somewhere below this post.) I thought it was weird that I named the picture "RenAl")  Think about it.   

Al went home last Saturday.  His friends and family cleaned his place up and even bought him a new recliner.  He says that he now has a big recliner and a little recliner.  What about the "just right" recliner?

He is much happier at home.  He sounds better and better.  He wants us to come visit him.  He likes to tease me about various things. 

Team Porter, INDEED!


He really likes my husband Mark a lot.  He and Mark have a lot in common. They both were the only boy in the family, that lost their dads when they were just becoming a man themselves....it is kind of interesting how that works in regards to the people who come into our lives.  Al says that his own son told him that he likes Al a lot better (though he always loved him the same) now that he knows he is going to be around longer. 
When I drive past the exit I used to take to go see him, I always wonder how he is doing back at his home, and many times I call.  I know, it's only been a week, but I have called at least four times.  He sometimes says "Howdy, Donor!"  (He claims that he entered my name in his phone as "Donor".)  He probably would stop saying that if I would stop laughing when he does!


  This recliner is clearly Too Small

He likes to bake and he has been baking already.  He gives most of it away, but he says that is the best part about baking, giving it away and having a cup of coffee with someone you like knowing.

Thanks for keeping Al in your thoughts and prayers.  He is doing just fine.



2 comments:

  1. Hey girl - I love this post, everything about it !! The pictures of you, Al, and Mark - are just fabulous !! So great to see all of three of you. And YES - I love Al's t-shirt.....very cool. I'm so happy to hear Al is doing well. My prayers that his recovery will continue to go smoothly - and that he is full of happiness and a new outlook on life. I can't imagine what it must feel like to know you have given life to another very deserving person. The story of you and Al is so incredible. xoxoxo :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, You are truly an exceptional person and I have loved reading your blog about your altruistic endeavor. You are so very special and I wish I knew you. You have a wonderful gift of writing also. God Bless you and Al....I have always believed that things happen for a reason!

    ReplyDelete