Powered By Blogger

Saturday, June 25, 2011

On being Psychic, a Smart Ass, and a Fan

Al: My family wants your mailing address so that they can invite you to all the family functions.


Me: That is fine, but don't feel like you have to ever invite me to anything.


Al: No, I told them they have to invite you and Mark to every thing they have.  Weddings, graduations, quincineras...you name it...


Me: No, they don't have to do that.


Al: These are not just your run of the mill Mexican parties, I hope you know.


Me: HAHAHHAA.  I am not worried about that, but I am just saying, not in a very good way, that I am honored to be invited to any family parties, but I do not feel like they have to do that...none of you are obligated to me in any way shape or form.  Besides, I like the whole run of the mill Mexican party.  .


Al: But you are my sister now.


Me:  I know you feel that way but your family does not have to do what you say, nor do they have to feel the same way you do. 


Al: But they do feel like they want you to be around.  Hell, they felt that way from Day One!  Well, not really.  Not all of them.  Some of them did though!  They don't know what they feel.  They need me to tell them, this is how it is!


Me:  Well, no matter what, it is okay to give them my contact information, certainly, and they can do what they want, and you should not hassle them about it, either way.  You should not be in the business of telling people how to feel.   And I will tell them, myself, that I am honored to know them but they should not feel like they are obligated to invite me to anything.


Al: How come you are so bossy?


Me: I am a bossy girl. 


Al: Now I sort of am, too.


Me: No, you are not a bossy girl! 


Al: I am part bossy girl.  That one bossy kidney makes the rest of my body say, "Damn, what happened around here?"  It bosses the whole body around.


Me: Okay, goof ball.  I would love to go to any weddings, quincineras etc.


Al: These are not your run of the mill Mexican weddings and quincineras.


Me:  STOP IT. 


Al: I am making a new suncatcher.


Me: Yes, black and silver, because of the Raiders.


Al: Did I already tell you this?


Me: No, but I can sort of picture it when you were talking about it.  I can do this same trick with other people, so don't feel too special about it.


Al: How did you know it was because of the Raiders?


Me: Because. Black and silver, duh.


Al: Guess what else I am doing? I am going to sell T-shirts at the park here, during a concert.


Me: This has something to do with the Raiders, too, I think, doesn't it?.


Al: YEP!  It does.  Guess what?


Me: You are selling Raiders T-shirts?


Al: Nope, but that is what I am getting paid in.


Me:  Ah ha!  I want a Jim Plunkett T-shirt too.


Al: How do you know that is what I am getting?


Me: I JUST DO!!!


Al: I am not going to tell you anything.   


Me:  You don't have to tell me nothing.  I want a Jim Plunkett T-shirt, though, kind of ....are you really getting some?  At least two?


Al:  You don't like the Raiders but you like Jim Plunkett?


Me: Yep. 


Al: I bet I know why....because when he was a baby, his parents put him in an orange crate!


Me: Yep. You got me.


Al: Okay, I guess you will be the only run of the mill white person with a Plunkett jersey.


Me: HURRAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment